AFT Conference Early-bird Discount has Been Extended to September 1
REGISTER NOW FOR EARLY BIRD RATES!
Join American Farmland Trust and more than 70 local and national leaders to network, strategize and share best practices to support family farmers, protect farmland and strengthen community food systems. Keynote, plenary and workshop sessions are organized around four cross-cutting themes:
- Conserving Farmland and Growing Smart
- Supporting Agriculture and Community Food Security
- Helping the Next Generation Succeed in Agriculture
- Promoting Farmland Succession and Access to Land
Join us in Lexington to craft next steps to advance your work in these areas and to enjoy Kentucky’s famous hospitality. Other conference highlights include two bus tours: Urban, Bourbon & Brew and Saving the Bluegrass, a Kentucky Proud reception and Farm Fresh banquet.
Click here for conference program and registration information. Register today to get the early bird discount!
U.S. Department of Agriculture AMS Announces Reports on Local, Regional Food
The USDA Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) created a new series of market reports on locally or regionally produced agricultural products.
The reports cover products from all commodity areas and are available on the Local & Regional Food Marketing Information web page. The reports provide a one-stop-shop for everyone ranging from farmers to consumers on market and pricing information for local and regional food outlets. Three report categories available online include:
- Farmers Markets reports, which list current commodity prices at a sample of individual farmers markets
- Farmers Auctions reports, which display current commodity volume and prices at auctions
- Direct to Consumer reports, which capture the prices of commodities that farmers sell directly to consumers
Additional information is available from USDA.